Friday, December 5, 2008

the GOD series: song of songs 4:7: no wrong in love or loving.

"Steal my heart and hold my tongueI feel my time My time has comeLet me inUnlock the doorI never felt this way beforeAnd the wheels just keep on turningThe drummer begins to drumI don’t know which way I’m goingI don’t know which way I’ve comeHold my head inside your handsI need someone who understands I need someone, someone who hearsFor you I’ve waited all these yearsFor you I’d wait 'til kingdom comeUntil my day, my day is doneAnd say you'll come and set me freeJust say you'll wait, you'll wait for meIn your tears and in your bloodIn your fire and in your floodI hear you laugh, I heard you singI wouldn’t change a single thingAnd the wheels just keep on turningThe drummers begin to drumI don’t know which way I’m goingI don’t know what I’ve becomeFor you I’d wait 'til kingdom comeUntil my days, my days are doneAnd say you'll come and set me freeJust say you'll wait, you'll wait for meJust say you'll wait, you'll wait for meJust say you'll wait, you'll wait for me."

this is a coldplay song from the "x and y"album. it is one of my favourite love songs and i thought of it today. the tone is very much like a declaration toward that idea of what true love is and "waiting" for it. in that love ,where the object is also the subject and the giver will also receive, is a semblance of the mirror, the shadow God seeks to create in the incompetent meanderings of us men and women. i thought of if my love for ada measured up to that idea of seeing her as perfect and then walking with her toward that end. in truth it did not. there is possibly a five percent chance i will get another chance with her but the idea is not for us to hit the target. it is for us to fail at it and then align more with the person that is love Himself. but to try is enough. to risk is golden. to not grow cold is the key to staying alive. to be alive is to be in hope and the great possibility of change. we fail so that we might find true hope. in hoping again and again through adversity we find faith. and faith is hope that will be fulfilled in final love. there are no real mistakes in love. only longer and shorter routes to the same glorious conclusion.
i pray that we all hold on in hope and through faith, through mishaps and aches, refuse to grow cold, until we find in God that love that lasts till kingdom come. and then, way beyond.........

No comments: