Sunday, November 9, 2008

a prayer for adanma.

father,
she is my sister,
father,
she is my friend,
father,
you are her lover
father,
i wanted to be you.
and i am so sorry

keep her living on your angels' wings. keep her looking toward the light. do not let her be normal. give her the curse of never fitting in. may she not be anyone but herself. may she live up to the beauty outside. may she be like the beauty inside. may she love with an open heart. and give her heart in the places you create for her awesome love to flow. and may no man make her feel less than you see of her. and if they do may she have the wisdom to walk slowly back to you.

she is my sister,
she is my friend
you are her lover
i wanted to be you
and i am so sorry

may her name be printed boldly in the book of extra-ordinary lives. and may she dwell in this torrent of grace. that her name, emblazoned on the first rock on earth, may speak to all her children and speak of the beautiful first daughter of God.
make her free of me and the guilt of me. make her free to be who you say she is. and that only. so free of me. i let go. it is hard. she is so beautiful. it is so, so hard. but i do.
for,
she is my sister
she is my friend
you are her lover
i wanted to be you
and i am so sorry.

amen.

1 comment:

myani bukar said...

hhhhmmmm...and there was silence in all of heaven amongst the angels for an hour...well, at least 5 minutes...