Wednesday, January 28, 2009

poethree:new poems:"the flamengo song."

I.
It ends today this daily struggle to face the sun and the world,
I am a coward it says, ‘strike thy self, this once let the end, truly be the end,
Let your journey to forever start with this quest to be filled in hope of fellowship,
I tell you if you do, you have started nothing other than a way to be free and whole.’
It isn’t happy for me, it isn’t happy for me; I wail till dawn and when it fades I bleed.
More hope is lost with each day that I walk alone and the voices grow louder.
ii.
Tighter, yes tighter, that’s the way the noose should go, a twine and a knot,
When all is done, we shall be free and you will be lame no more,
So I did, tighter I made, stronger it became and I was going, until her,
Across, I saw her, with a blade, no knife, no what object is that,
I doubt I know, for this once I shall do stop it and do mine.
I shouted, she halted and with a miracle, she did,
As we faced each other and this came, these thoughts flowed.
iii
So I stand here with my fist clenched at destiny, staring, waiting,
For the sun to rise on my heart, to brighten my darkness, here where I am,
Will I move to the bright way to stand? Will I be better through time and angst?
Maybe I should leave a day at a time in the sun, with the willow winds?
Either or neither this the way to thread for eternity, so I ask you, walk with me?
Please do, I want you for this and me, the need to be with you at the break of dawn,
When the angels sing and the master asks the faithful, let Him say to us, both you are.
So come here with me, to the place where time and purpose are revealed to us all,
And in us the true voice of ‘It is finished’ we truly have finished the puzzle that was started for us.

No comments: