Wednesday, January 21, 2009

poethree:new poems:"and finally, love."

“And, finally, love.”
Mrs Blue is married to God by His insistence
There is no Mr. Blue and no distance
God will not be called mister
He will not let you sit on His lap and stroke His grey beard
He is not into romance
He is into life and living
The perfect gift for the non-giving
Anyway, God courts Mrs. blue everyday
He comes to her river with a song and a flute
Singing those old African songs of hope
And she cannot resist the eternal order
So she falls heavily in tune
With the renaissance of the heart
And the things we cannot do without

So when I met her she already had HIM
She was not looking for me
Or to be finally in love.

It was beautiful in the garden of sounds
Where I re-discovered that love was real
And it is more than what you feel
In the garden of sounds you hear nothing
But you know you are ready,
Ready for what?
I came with my heart and mind open
And I left with my soul full
But,
When I met her she was already Mrs. Blue
She was born with that distinction
She was not looking
To be finally in love
With anything
Or anyone
But love, love, HIMSELF.
So I went to Him so we could talk
About the things that will always be
The wind and the water and the tall trees
In the middle of the garden of silent-sounds
“You fool, you fool, you lovely fool,” He said to me
Can’t you see you are finally in love?
Back to the garden as quick as I can
Overseas and un-dry land
To find her there where I never left
She takes my hand in such a way
I am seeing her for the first, real time
“I had a good time all the way,’’ she says
In letters on an endless page
Final fantasy realised
I hold her in a crystal moment
And the day is not ending but beginning
For I am finally, utterly in love
No hope for a cold heart anymore.

No comments: