Thursday, February 5, 2009

poethree:the fatherhood poems:"to my son: hirra and about hirra."

“To my son: Hirra and about Hirra.”
The page is always blank
There is plenty of nothing to say
I am afraid to give advice
On the many things I fail at
So, here goes the old song
That thing about honesty
Ancient wisdom passed on
In talk
From son to son
In action
From one to one
So that in these fragile lights
A piece of the battleground might be won

Outside the gift we have, the love we share and the destiny that pursues us as we pursue it
We are just “man”
Living hearts in failing sand
Taught violence badly by history
Hungry, desperate, unreasoning
Trying to hold all this water in
But it always, always finds its way out
Evil has a scream and a shout
While all goodness has is useless clout
All this is abstract nonsense
Can I be specific with the truth?
Outside a certain him
You are just a man
Your quiet destiny is the sand
Your loud one is to play the clown
If you ever decide to play this game of futility
Those that reach for the real skies?
All they find is gruesome humility
Over and over again
I am abstract, again
Hirra, I am trying not to make you my priest
You are not my redemption from past sins
You will not make right my wrong
You have your own battles to fight
You are not my legacy, you are yours
Be the man you are
Live under your own star
And one last thing,
Love
I took a ride with your uncle
Through the new cities of light
I sat in doubt and he sat in fullness
Both under the influence of love
In his eyes I found my final, first message to you
Love, love, love
Use your heart and GOD’S brain
But love
There will be torture, there will be pain
Love
You will always change, never be the same
Love
There is nothing more important in living
Than the simple act of constantly giving
In love, in love
Love your woman; love her womb and its fruit
Love your family, your country; love the tune you play on your flute
But,
Learn to love from love Him-self
He sits above religion, above dogma
He is superior logic, powerful premise and final conclusion
The light at the end of the world’s tunnel-view confusion
Love, Hirra, it is your name.
It is your destiny, your real fame
And when you have done this, all else fades
This is reality
Sudden, broad clarity
The world and its entire destiny
And you are part of that march through eternity

That is all I have to say for today
The sun is setting, the evening looms
I have to go and look through other rooms
Come with me
Let us put the lights on in this old light house
Soon we will eat and sit through old tales
Perhaps, today we will share our first drink
Cuban libres? Smirnoff? Red wine?
We will know when we get there .

No comments: